Autism Spectrum Disorders (Pervasive Developmental Disorders)
Featured Publications about Autism
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (Pervasive Developmental Disorders) A detailed booklet that describes Autism symptoms, causes, and treatments, with information on getting help and coping
- Treatment of Children with Mental Illness Answers to frequently asked questions about the treatment of mental disorders in children.
Peter Bearman on Increased Prevalence of Autism
This vodcast focuses on the true meaning of the increase in autism prevalence.
Science News about Autism
- Preference for Moving Shapes vs. People Linked to Autism in Babies
- Imaging Reveals Abnormal Brain Growth in Toddlers with Fragile X
- Major Databases Link Up to Advance Autism Research
Posts from the Director’s Blog about Autism
- May 6th: Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day April 26, 2010
- Autism Progress December 17, 2009
- NIMH’s Response to New HRSA Autism Prevalence Estimate October 15, 2009
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
This page last reviewed: November 01, 2010.